Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New RAW Idea Teaser

I'm working on something very different for me.  I've created quite a few elegant RAW designs, but I've never made flat RAW with seed beads and worked designs in it with color.  I need to get permission from another designer who doesn't make patterns to share the finished product since it was her idea, but here's my first design.  It was supposed to be basket weave, but it's so narrow that I don't know if that's an apt name for it.  I have some other designs in my head, but getting the beads to configure themselves to the design in RAW is quite different from designing with brick or peyote stitch.  The great thing about creating the RAW flat weave is that it's so much easier to embellish than brick or peyote because the open weave is easier to maneuver a needle, so you can create a design on each end and leave the center a solid color to be embellished if you want to.

Visit bead doodler's Craftsy Pattern Store »

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I love it! Hope you can post a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. I'm working on a pattern. Please go to my Facebook fan page and take the survey. I need to know which stitch to make the pattern.

      Delete
    2. Oh I guess I should put a link to my Facebook fan Page.
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bead-Doodler/109420785780590

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Share